Chelsea reiterate position on Costa: "His agent's argument is wrong"
Conte and the club's spokesman have said Diego Costa's lawyer whole argument is wrong because the player was informed in January that he was finished at Chelsea.
On Thursday, Diego Costa got his lawyer, Ricardo Costa, involved in his departure from Chelsea Football Club by requesting a transfer to Altetico Madrid, and only Atletico Madrid. Costa received a text message from Conte at the end of the season telling the striker he wasn't needed and the Spaniard is not happy with the abruptness of the message and the way the situation is being handled by the club.
Antonio Conte responded in a press conference on Friday stating, "I will repeat myself again, the situation to me is clear. The player, his agent and the club knew what his future held very well. I don't understand why the lawyer has been brought into it."
The club's spokesman followed along the same lines as the Italian head coach, "Normally, we don't comment on these thing but this time we will. The premise that the lawyer has laid out is incorrect (that Conte told Costa via text message that he was out). Antontio has said, and it's worth repeating that the decision on Diego (not continuing at Chelsea) was made in January. The player and his agent knew this decision and evidently the lawyer has not been properly informed. His argument regarding the text makes no sense."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?