Barça Dembélé bid rejected as winger skips Dortmund training
The Germans have rebuffed a Barça offer for Ousmane Dembélé, also linked with Real Madrid, and punished the player for missing trainingBarcelona vs Leganés live stream online: LaLiga matchday 31
Borussia Dortmund say they have rejected a bid from Barcelona for Ousmane Dembélé, who on Thursday failed to show up for training with the Germans.
In a statement, the Bundesliga club said Barça had made an initial, undisclosed offer that "did not match the player's extraordinary footballing abilities."
Barça are keen to sign Dembélé, reportedly valued by Dortmund at 120m-150m euros, as they look to replace Neymar, who joined Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record 222m euros earlier in August.
Dembélé suspended by Dortmund after missing training
Dortmund have also revealed that they have suspended Dembélé until after Saturday's DFB Pokal clash at Rielasingen-Arlen after skipping training in an apparent attempt to force through a move.
"Dembélé didn't train today and we don't know why," head coach Peter Bosz said in a press conference. "We've tried to reach him but haven't managed to.
"I spoke to him yesterday. He was in Paris with his friends; he didn't say anything about a possible transfer to another team."
Real Madrid now tipped to sign Dembélé too
Meanwhile, reports in the Catalan media say that Real Madrid are now plotting to snap up winger Dembélé from underneath their arch rivals' noses.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher