Coutinho: Barcelona target hands in transfer request - report
Sky Sports claims Philippe Coutinho has submitted a Liverpool transfer request following the Reds' statement declaring that he is not for saleBarcelona vs Leganés live stream online: LaLiga matchday 31
Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho has reportedly submitted a transfer request after Liverpool released a statement saying the 25-year-old is not for sale.
"No offers for Philippe will be considered" - Liverpool
In a communiqué issued on Friday morning, the club declared their "definitive stance" that he wouldn't be departing during the current transfer window.
"No offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes," the Reds said.
Coutinho "hands Liverpool transfer request"
However, Sky Sports now claims that the Brazilian international has informed the Premier League outfit that he wishes to leave Anfield.
Barça have identified Coutinho as a chief summer target, and are reported to have had two bids for the attacker rejected by Liverpool this week.
Coutinho is viewed as a candidate to fill the position vacated by forward Neymar, who joined Paris Saint-Germain for 222 million euros this month, with the LaLiga club also attracted by his ability to play in a deeper, midfield role.
Barcelona bid for Dembélé turned down by Dortmund
Barça have also been chasing Borussia Dortmund winger Ousmane Dembélé, with the Germans confirming on Thursday that they had rebuffed an offer from Los Azulgranas, thought to be worth 110 million euros, for the Frenchman.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots