A day after Isco’s new four-year deal at the Bernabéu was confirmed to this daily by sources at the Bernabéu, the same have told AS that Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has signed a contract extension “for three more seasons.”
“As is the case with Isco, the club is waiting for the right moment to make a public announcement, but it is official and has been since the moment Zidane agreed his new contract. Zidane is happy that his renewal was eventually three years and not two and he values the confidence the president has placed in him,” club sources told AS.
Zidane to double salary
Zidane is set to almost double his salary at the Bernabéu, from 4.35 million euros a year to somewhere in the region of eight million, although some of that amount will be performance based and paid in the form of bonuses, as is the case with the players.
Real Madrid's fourth-most successful manager
Real Madrid are extremely happy with their manager, who was considered a risky choice when he succeeded Rafa Benítez in January 2015 due to his inexperience but who has since gone on to deliver six titles, including two Champions Leagues and last year’s Liga, in 20 months, making Zidane the fourth-most decorated coach in the club’s 115-year history.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game