Alexis Sánchez in Paris to pursue PSG transfer - reports
French broadcaster RTL states that the Arsenal player, who has been pushing for a move all summer, is in the French capital to talk to the Ligue 1 giants.
French broadcaster RTL has reported that Alexis Sánchez is in Paris to try and hammer out a deal to join big-spending Ligue 1 giants PSG.
Sánchez is out of contract at Arsenal next summer and has rejected several offers of an improved extension to his current deal from the Gunners’ board. Arsène Wenger has stated consistently throughout the summer that his prized asset will not be sold, even if that means the Chile international running down his contract and leaving on a free in 2018.
However, given the state of the current market Arsenal may be tempted into doing business if PSG are willing to make an suitable offer, although with only two weeks of the transfer window remaining the Ligue 1 side are negotiating at a disadvantage.
Wenger will not sanction Sánchez move to Premier League rival
It seems clear that Sánchez wants to play Champions League football next season with Arsenal in the Europa after a disappointing league season last campaign. However, Wenger is adamant he will not sell to a Premier League rival, with Chelsea and above all Manchester City having been mooted as possible buyers.
Sánchez has yet to feature for Arsenal this season through injury and Wenger broke the club transfer to sign Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon, who operates as a number nine where Sánchez spent most of last season for the Gunners.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich