Gerard Piqué was greeted by shouts of "se queda" from fans waiting outside Barcelona's team hotel as Los Azulgranas arrived in the capital for tonight's Spanish Super Cup second leg against arch rivals Real Madrid.
Piqué also ribbed by PSG fans after Neymar move
Piqué posted the phrase, which translates as "he's staying", in a tweet in late July which seemed to suggest former Barça team-mate Neymar wouldn't be leaving the Camp Nou for Paris Saint-Germain.
However, PSG sealed a world-record, 222m-euro swoop earlier this month, with Piqué since claiming he knew Neymar's mind was made up when he published the message, but "wanted the public opinion to make him change his decision".
The defender was also mocked by PSG supporters at the side's Ligue 1 opener against Amiens just under two weeks ago, with fans wearing replica shirts with the words of his tweet printed on the back.
Barcelona face Real Madrid tonight in Super Cup return
Barça take on Real at the Santiago Bernabéu at 23:00 CEST trailing 3-1 from Sunday's first leg in Catalonia.
You can follow build-up and live coverage of the match with AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- COPA DEL REY FINAL Athletic vs Barcelona - Copa del Rey Final: times, TV & how to watch online
- ATHLETIC-BARCELONA Barcelona predicted starting XI in the Copa del Rey final
- MLS Inter Miami full roster and transfers for MLS 2021
- 2021 MLS SEASON LA Galaxy: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule