Manchester City's glass tunnel lets fans watch them appear
The Etihad stadium hosted City's first home game of the season against Everton on Monday evening and some lucky supporters took advantage of their innovation.
The mysteries and intimacy of the tunnel ahead of a big game are no more. That's certainly the case anyway at Manchester City's Etihad stadium where they have introduced glass panels for fans to view their heroes, rivals and officials in the final seconds before kick off.
Fans up close and personal at Man City
This innovative approach to providing even more access to the paying fans has been met with a mixed response on social media and time will tell whether or not the players enjoy this close proximity as they harness their focus and prepare their mind. Of course, television companies have already had there cameras mingling with players pre and post match in recent years and this is just another step.
That tunnel Club at the Etihad must make the players feel like they're in a zoo— Laffs (@neillafferty) 21 de agosto de 2017
Tunnel Club. £18,812 per year. For the fans.— 🐝Jake 🐝 (@Everything_City) 21 de agosto de 2017
The new addition. Thoughts City fans? pic.twitter.com/enGt3IpPNP— James Robson (@JamesRobsonMEN) 21 de agosto de 2017
Would you like the same approach taken by your club? Leave a comment with your views...
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?