Manchester City's glass tunnel lets fans watch them appear
The Etihad stadium hosted City's first home game of the season against Everton on Monday evening and some lucky supporters took advantage of their innovation.
The mysteries and intimacy of the tunnel ahead of a big game are no more. That's certainly the case anyway at Manchester City's Etihad stadium where they have introduced glass panels for fans to view their heroes, rivals and officials in the final seconds before kick off.
Fans up close and personal at Man City
This innovative approach to providing even more access to the paying fans has been met with a mixed response on social media and time will tell whether or not the players enjoy this close proximity as they harness their focus and prepare their mind. Of course, television companies have already had there cameras mingling with players pre and post match in recent years and this is just another step.
That tunnel Club at the Etihad must make the players feel like they're in a zoo— Laffs (@neillafferty) 21 de agosto de 2017
Tunnel Club. £18,812 per year. For the fans.— 🐝Jake 🐝 (@Everything_City) 21 de agosto de 2017
The new addition. Thoughts City fans? pic.twitter.com/enGt3IpPNP— James Robson (@JamesRobsonMEN) 21 de agosto de 2017
Would you like the same approach taken by your club? Leave a comment with your views...
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash