Liverpool CEO posts ironic deadline day tweet
Peter Moore posted a picture of a window cleaner perched on the outside of the club's TV studios as deadline day ticks down and Coutinho far from joining Barça.
Peter Moore isn't suffering any transfer deadline day jitters. As the clocks ticks down and the market prepares to close, the Liverpool CEO took to social media to comment on the lack of activity concerning Barcelona's attempt to sign Philippe Coutinho and added a photo of the only interesting thing happening this morning - a window cleaner perched outside the club's TV studios. "I know everyone is interested in what is happening today, but this is becoming beyond ridiculous..." he tweeted ironically, possibly in reference to Coutinho's departure
I know everyone is interested in what is happening today, but this is becoming beyond ridiculous... pic.twitter.com/vy0PdpBEfY— Peter Moore (@PeterMooreLFC) 31 de agosto de 2017
Liverpool confirm Oxlade-Chambarlain capture
The Brazilian midfielder has asked Liverpool to release him so that he can join Barcelona who are reported to be ready to offer a fee close to 160 million euros for the player. Liverpool meanwhile have stood their ground, repeating that Coutinho will stay where he is.
At midday today, the Merseysiders announced the signing of Alex Oxlade-Chambarlain, who joins on a long-term contract from Arsenal. The club is hoping to add Monaco's Thomas Lemar and Southampton centre-back Virgil Van Dijk before the clock strikes 12 tonight.
In England, the transfer markets close at 22:59 tonight (23:59 in Spain) so if Liverpool do need to find a replacement for Coutinho, they would need to do so within the next few hours. The transfer deadline in Spain is tomorrow at 23:59 CEST. We're in for two frantic days...
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher