Atlético Madrid's debut at the Wanda Metropolitano is drawing closer. Los Rojiblancos will face Málaga on Saturday 16 September.
Atlético welcome new era
It will be a significant occasion for the club, and their first home match away from the banks of the Manzanares river since 1966.
Construction of their new home has been frenetic, with Atlético playing their first matches of the LaLiga season away from home to allow extra time for works to be completed.
Wanda Metropolitano dressing room takes shape
The final touches are now being applied, and a photo has filtered out of the home dressing room. Various details are yet to be added, such as individual plaques above players' spaces.
A large club badge adorns the ceiling, and it is beneath it that Diego Simeone will deliver his first pre-match speech in less than two weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates