Andy Murray likely to miss the rest of the season
Andy Murray said on Wednesday he is unlikely to play again this season due to a niggling hip injury that forced him to pull out of the US Open.
Andy Murray said on Wednesday he is unlikely to play again this season due to a niggling hip injury which forced him to pull out of the US Open.
Murray struggling to shake off hip injury
“Unfortunately, I won't be able to compete in the upcoming events in Beijing and Shanghai, and most likely, the final two events to finish the season in Vienna and Paris due to my hip injury which has been bothering me the last few months”, the three-time Grand Slam champion said on his Facebook page.
The 30-year-old Scot has not played since a five-set Wimbledon quarter-final loss to American Sam Querrey in July. He suffered the injury in a five-set French Open semi-final loss to Swiss Stan Wawrinka in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?