Muguruza to become world number one
Garbine Muguruza will dethrone Karolina Pliskova when the WTA rankings are released next week, after the Czech fell to CoCo Vandeweghe in the US Open.Nadal vs Thiem live online: 2018 French Open final
Spain's Garbine Muguruza will become world number one when the WTA rankings are released next week, dethroning Karolina Pliskova after the Czech fell to American CoCo Vandeweghe in the quarter-finals of the U.S. Open on Wednesday.
Wimbledon champion Muguruza pips Plistova
The 23-year-old Wimbledon champion reached the second week of the U.S. Open for the first time this year before falling to Petra Kvitova in the fourth round.
Muguruza, who won the French Open last year, ends Pliskova's eight-week reign at the top of the rankings, a position the big-serving 25-year-old admitted came with extra pressure to perform.
Muguruza has strong record against the best
Muguruza has eight top 10 wins this year including victories over two reigning number ones, Angelique Kerber at Wimbledon and Pliskova in Cincinnati.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2