Easily satisfied add-ons in Barcelona Dembélé signing
The Spanish giants paid 105 million euros to sign Dembélé from Borussia Dortmund, plus 40 in add-ons that will almost certainly be paid.
Barcelona finally managed to bring in a replacement for Neymar with the signing of Dembelé. The price? 105 million euros plus 43 million more in add-ons. Barcelona were desperate to land the striker and ended up accepting the majority of Dortmund's demands over the player's price.
Dembélé total price: 143 million euros
And now, German newspaper Bild has revealed the clauses that were included in the transfer, taking its total value to more than 140 million euros. And because the add-on clauses will almost certainly be met by the club and the French player the total cost of the transfer to Barcelona is likely to be 143 million euros.
Dembélé's easily satisfied add-ons
Barcelona will have to shell out 10 million euros after Dembélé has played 50 games for his new club. And another 10 million if Barcelona manages to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League in the next five years. Neither of these seems anything other than inevitable.
Furthermore, Barcelona are on the hook for another 20 million euros, to be paid to Dembélé's former club Rennes, where he first burst on the scene. All in all that means the French side will pocket 35 million for the player, having sold him to Dortmund for 15 million in the summer of 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7