Hoeness: "Ancelotti had five players against him"
The Bayern Munich president told Sport1 that Carlo Ancelotti faced unrest in the dressing room, while Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said performances were unacceptable.
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has spoken out about the controversial decision to sack coach Carlo Ancelotti. The 58-year-old was relieved of his duties after Bayern fell to a 3-0 defeat at the hands of PSG in the Champions League.
Hoeness claims dressing room unrest at Bayern
Speaking to 'Sport1', Hoeness revealed that "Ancelotti had five players against him".
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, another important figure at the Bavarian club, also spoke about the departure of the former-Real Madrid coach.
"Since the start of the season, the performance of the team has not met our expectations, and the match in Paris has shown clearly that we had to make conclusions," Rummenigge stated.
He added, "Carlos is my friend and that will continue, but we had to take a professional decision for FC Bayern."
Ancelotti did not regret PSG team selection
Ancelotti took risks with what has turned out to be his final team selection as the manager of the Bundesliga champions. He left Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Mats Hummels, and Jerome Boateng out of the starting line-up for the defeat at Parc des Princes, yet insisted after the match that "I don't regret anything." Perhaps that was the statement that sealed his fate.
The reins will now pass in to the hands of Willy Sagnol. The former-Bayern player faces a tough challenge ahead, starting with a league match against Hertha Berlin on Sunday.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up