The last goodbye with "Hasta siempre, Vicente Calderón" launch
AS journalist Patricia Cazon chronicles the old Atletico Madrid Manzanares ground with the launch of a new book.
The life and times of the iconic Vicente Calderón stadium are chronicled in a new book by Diario AS Atletico Madrid correspondent Patricia Cazón.
The book was officially unveiled today at the media centre at the old ground with former rojiblanco legends Adelardo and Pantic.
Chronicle of the Calderon
"The Vicente Calderón may be gone but the Manzanares will always be more than just a river. The memories will live with us forever" claimed Leon born Cazon at the presentation adding "I'd dearly have loved to be able to relay the club winning their first Champions League before to the move to the new Wanda Metropolitano ground but it wasn't to be" she lamented.
The book recalls anecdotes from a former players, media personalities and fans detailing memories and personal experiences shared at the Calderon and features illustrations from Madrid based illustrator Joaquín Rodríguez.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Steelers star T.J. Watt given the all-clear to face Ravens
- NBA Golden State Warriors coach Kerr on San Antonio Spurs defeat
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?