Mariano on fire and the Lyon president is thanking Benzema
Jean-Michel Aulas has publicly thanked the Real Madrid striker for recommending the signing of the young Madrid academy player.
Jean-Michel Aulas, president of Olympic Lyon, has publicly thanked Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema for recommending he sign Mariano Díaz from Madrid, with the young attacker causing a sensation in his first year in France.
Lyon president: "Mariano is great"
"Mariano is great, he has shown what he had already demonstrated: incredible physical commitment, a huge willingness to reach the top...He also has the ability to play in tight spaces even though everyone said he couldn't. "I would like to thank the one at Real Madrid who told us (Karim Benzema) that he was the player that we should sign," explained Aulas.
Mariano on fire
Since Mariano made his debut in Ligue 1 he's hit seven goals in nine games meaning the former Real Madrid player is averaging one goal every 93.57 minutes. And this weekend he was key in the victory of Lyon against Monaco.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame