Casillas' situation "will be difficult to resolve quickly" says Futre
The former Atlético player knows Porto coach Sergio Conceiçao well and feels that Iker Casillas has been dropped as a disciplinary measure.
Paulo Futre aired his thoughts on Iker Casillas' predicament at Porto in Cadena SER's El Larguero programme last night. The Spanish keeper has made the headlines after being suddenly dropped for Porto' last two matches - against Leipzig in the Champions League and Pacos Ferreira in the league. The former Atlético Madrid player, who knows Porto coach Sergio Conceiçao very well, feels that Casillas' situation "will be difficult to sort out".
Casillas punished as a lesson
Futre explained: "Porto have been defending well. In don't think there's been any technical or tactical problems that would force the coach to drop Casillas. I think it's a disciplinary issue. Something happened with a mobile phone after a Champions League game. The coach has a very strong character and if Casillas has crossed him, he won't forgive him. I think it's going to be difficult to sort the situation out, at least for the time being. While the team is winning, it will be hard for him to win his place back. We'll see if he leaves in the winter transfer window but I can't see that happening to be honest".
Recommended in English
- NFL The Rams change ticket policy to restrict 49ers fans ahead of NFC Championship game
- NFL How did the Los Angeles Rams get their name? Origin and meaning
- NBA NBA round-up: Suns equal best-ever start, Garland matches LeBron in Cavs win
- NBA Lakers at Nets: times, TV and how to watch online, NBA 2021-22
- NBA NBA: Nets vs Lakers – injury news
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"