Asamoah Gyan acquires license to operate his own airline
Ghana national team captain Asamoah Gyan has been granted the required license to operate an airline in the Western African country.
Ghana national team captain Asamoah Gyan has been granted a license to operate an airline in the Western African country.
The 31-year-old striker, popularly known as Baby Jet, obtained the license approval from Ghana’s President, Nana Akufo-Addo, at the African Air Expo at Kotoka International Airport on Wednesday. ‘Baby Jet Airlines', as baptized by the striker, is yet to be classified as a domestic, regional or international airline, and it is expected to begin operations soon.
Gyan, the business man
This is not the first time the striker ventures in business, having successfully operated in the transport, real estate, boxing and detergent sectors. In fact, the former Sunderland and Udinese striker is one of the wealthiest active African footballers, with a net worth of about $30 million dollars.
Gyan is the all-time leading goal scorer for Ghana’s national team having scored 51 goals at full international level. He is also the top African goal scorer in World Cup history with six goals. He is currently on the books at Turkish Süper Lig outfit Kayserispor.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth