Varane subbed off at half-time against Girona with right hamstring issue
The central defender was substituted at half-time and is a doubt for the Spurs game as injuries continue to frustrate the player at Real Madrid.
Raphael Varane stayed in the dressing room at half-time and was replaced by Nacho for the second half against Girona on Sunday. The French defender went off with problems in his right hamstring, according to the club.
In the 42nd minute, the central defender cut out a short ball inside to Portu and seemed to feel pain in his leg as he did so. Zidane substituted the player "out of precaution", according to the club, but the extent of the injury is yet to be determined.
Varane has already missed time this season due to injury. He injured himself in the Super Cup against Barcelona and missed 21 days. Injuries remain a problem for the player and he has missed 54 games during his time at the club because of them. It appears Varane is not a doubt for the trip to London to play Spurs.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash