Maurizio Sarri could replace Simeone at Atlético when the time comes
Il Primato Nazionale believe that the Napoli manager, Sarri, is a leading candidate to replace Diego Simeone should he look for new challenges at the end of the season.
It is the news of the day in Italy. Published in Il Primato Nazionale, Maurizio Sarri, has become a candidate to replace Diego Simeone at Atlético Madrid. Simeone has a contract that he just renewed until 2020 with Atlético but the club understand that he is not lacking offers and could decide to look for new challenges at the end of the season.
The other candidate is Antonio Conte, who is currently managing Chelsea in the Premier League. Atlético appear to be compiling a list and making sure that if Simeone does decide to drop a bombshell at the end of the season that they will be prepared for the fallout.
On the field, Calciomercato.it also reference Atlético and they believe that if Griezmann decides to leave next summer with Manchester United still keen at €100 million, Atlético will look at Icardi and Cavani as possible replacements. It would not be the first time that Atlético have probed the possibility of signing either.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?