Zidane makes plan for BBC ahead of Madrid derby
For the first time all season, Zidane can count on his three first choice attackers and will work with them over the international break to get them up to speed.
Zinedine Zidane will be able to count on the BBC for the first time all season as the team returned to training on Wednesday with his three attacking stars in attendence. Not since El Clásico in April have Bale, Benzema and Cristiano graced the same field as each other in competitive action with Bale suffering from a soleus injury, Benzema suffering from a thigh injury and Ronaldo spending five games on the sideline for a suspension picked up in the Spanish Super Cup.
Benzema is not counted on by Didier Deschamps, Bale is not with Wales having just recovered from his injury and Ronaldo has negotiated with Fernando Santos to sit out Portugal's upcoming international friendlies. That means the trident are in Madrid and ready to train. Zidane has put together a specific training plan for them as he seems their positions in the team as "non-negtioable" and he does not want to miss the chance of having them play together when he can.
The idea is to do tactical and physical work with the players together and Zidane has, personally, gotten involved in the plan. Real Madrid want the automatic and habitual movements of the three players that were a hallmark under Carlo Ancelotti back and will work to achieve that goal in the coming days ahead of the Madrid derby against Atlético Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'