Cantona on Neymar: "Why has he come to France?"
The former international is perplexed as why the Brazilian decided to leave Barcelona for a move to Ligue 1. "It's not my way of seeing the passion of the game".
Former French player Eric Cantona has cast scorn on last summer's decision by Neymar to leave LaLiga and sign with Parisian outfit PSG. The big move in August saw the striker sign for the Ligue 1 side in exchange for a 222 million euro fee.
Games against Guingamp and Amiens.
Cantona, speaking with Yahoo Sport claimed, "a 25-year-old, playing with the Brazilian national side and at Barcelona, one has to ask the question why he's decided to move to the French league and play against the likes of Guingamp or Amiens. What has he come to do in the French league?".
When being challenged with a suggestion that the Brazilian has come to PSG to battle for the Champions League title, Cantona retorted adding: "He'll play in ten high profile games all season. I don't understand why he moved to France. Who understands it? It's certainly not my view on the passion for the game".
Recommended in English
- João Félix considering leaving Atlético Madrid
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League knockout stage schedule: when is the round of 16?
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland