Bayern Munich fans chuck 500 euro notes on pitch in protest
The German fans were complaining about the high ticket prices for the Champions League match at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium.
Bayern Munich fans provided us with one of the images of this round of Champions League matches, throwing rolls of fake 500 euro notes onto the pitch at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium during their match against Anderlecht, which their team won 1-2.
Bayern Munich fans protest high ticket prices
They were protesting at the high prices for the game against Anderlecht, with the Belgian club having charged 100 euros for a ticket in the away end. The rain of fake notes appeared just after the quarter-hour mark in the game, when Anderlecht went to take a corner. They also had a banner reading: "Is your gr€€d finally satisfied. €100?".
This isn't the first time the fans have staged a similar protest. On 27 September, when Bayern Munich visited PSG they threw fake money and unveiled a sign reading: "€75 a ticket? We're not Neymar. The ticket price should be reasonable".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool