Keylor Navas attends launch of biopic based on Madrid keeper
The Real Madrid goalkeeper took advantage of the Christmas holiday to attend the screening in Heredia in his native Costa Rica.
Keylor Navas was the star attraction at the launch of the film based on his life in Heredia, Costa Rica where 2.000 people guests enjoyed the biopic directed by Dinga Haines.
"Hombre de fe" (Man of Faith) showcases the story of the goalkeeper's life from his humble upbringing in San Andrés de Pérez Zeledón to his move with San Jose based outfit Saprissa and traces his move to Spain playing with Albacete, Levante and current side Real Madrid.
God is the protagonist
After the screening, the goalkeeper spoke to the audience with his wife Andrea Salas and paid tribute to those behind the film. The goalkeeper also commented on his religious beliefs which play a major role in the day-to-day life of the player.
"I want to thank God for making a dream come true, God changed my life", he added.
"Hombre de fe" was shot on location in Costa Rica and in Spain and the real Keylor makes cameo appearances (Colombian actor Matt Márquez plays the role of "adult" Keylor) along side Real Madrid first team coach Zinedine Zidane and club president Florentino Pérez.
The film opens today in Costa Rica and will get a European release at some point in 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds