Unsightly statue of Michael Essien erected in Ghana
The effigy triggered an abrupt stir on social media, as it has been compared to those of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Maradona.
A life-size statue of Ghanaian international Michael Essien has been unveiled in Kumasi, Southern Ghana.
Recalling his time in London, the bust depicts the 35-year-old midfielder wearing a Chelsea shirt with the classic Samsung logo.
The unveiling of the statue has caused a stir on social media after images of it were compared to unpopular statues of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Diego Armando Maradona.
According to GhanaWeb, the art has been in existence for a couple of years now on the Boadi Road in Kumasi, however, just recently thanks to social media has it been revealed to the wider world.
This statue of Michael Essien in Ghana makes the Cristiano Ronaldo one look like the work of Leonardo da Vinci. pic.twitter.com/X9nWvU4p3F— Coral (@Coral) 3 January 2018
Bizarre statue of the former Chelsea and Real Madrid player
The life-size tribute, dyed with metallic colors, was produced by an anonymous artist.
At first, it’s hard to recognize Essien, who is depicted in a completely unnatural pose for a footballer, with his legs crossed and the ball at his feet.
Also, his body is copiously out of proportion, with a huge torso, a head too jagged and asymmetrical extremities.
With statues of footballers multiplying in recent months, Essien’s bust leaves much to be desired.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente