"I rarely get the players I ask for" says Chelsea boss Conte
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte was asked about this month's transfer window and possible signings following last night's 2-2 draw at Arsenal.
Antonio Conte said he prefers not to aim too high with his transfer requests as he has "rarely been given the players I asked for" after the Chelsea boss was questioned about his January plans. Chelsea played out an entertaining 2-2 draw at London rivals Arsenal in the Premier League on Wednesday but the attention soon turned to the transfer window and possible signings. The defending champions have been linked with Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal as Conte looks to reunite with the former Juventus star, while Monaco's Thomas Lemar has also been mentioned.
Conte says he works with what he's given
However, Conte said via Sky Sport Italia: "I do not aim high with my requests, especially as in my history I've rarely been given the players I asked for. I always ended up at clubs who were running an austerity programme. I just try to do my work. If someone arrives, good, if they don't, then that's fine too. I have to continue my work, either way".
Chelsea sit third in the Premier League, one point adrift of Manchester United and now 16 behind runaway leaders Manchester City who beat Watford on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59