Barcelona completed the signing of Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool shortly before 8 o'clock on Saturday evening.
The LaLiga leaders will pay a fee of €160 million for Coutinho, who joins on a five-and-a-half year contract with a buy-out clause of €400m. The Brazilian becomes the second most expensive footballer in history, after his compatriot Neymar, who left Barcelona for PSG in the summer for €222m.
Coutinho to watch Barcelona face Levante
On Monday, the 25-year-old will undergo a medical and, failing any issues, will be presented to Barcelona fans.
Liverpool finally agree to sell
The confirmation of Coutinho's move to Spain ends a saga that began in the summer, when Liverpool refused to sell their star player, despite the fact that he submitted a transfer request. Jürgen Klopp, the coach of the Anfield club, held firm and Coutinho played the remainder of 2017 in a red shirt. He leaves Liverpool in fourth place in the Premier League and in the Last 16 of the Champions League.
Yet, because Coutinho has represented Liverpool in the Champions League, he will be unable to play for Barcelona in that competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid