Chelsea: Premier League club appoint new chief executive
Guy Laurence will be the new chief executive at Chelsea, starting from February, the Stamford Bridge club have confirmed.
Chelsea have announced the appointment of Guy Laurence as the club's new chief executive.
Laurence, the former CEO of Rogers Communications and Vodafone UK, will take over the role from the start of February.
He was also a director of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which includes NBA team the Toronto Raptors, the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL franchise and MLS side Toronto FC in its portfolio.
Buck: "We look forward to Guy joining during an exciting period for Chelsea"
Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said: "We look forward to Guy joining the club during an exciting period for Chelsea on and off the field.
"He will be working with the owner [Roman Abramovich] and the board to increase our commercial revenues and maximise digital opportunities, identifying new ways to best serve our supporters here in the UK and further grow our international fan base."
Chelsea Football Club today announces the appointment of Guy Laurence as our new Chief Executive... https://t.co/vp8pjKc5pt— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) January 11, 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22