Bordeaux: Arsenal will have a "hard time" signing Malcom
The Ligue 1 club's president, Stéphane Martin, says there have been no talks with the Premier League club about a deal for the Brazil youth international.
Reports Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Malcom are "hot air" and they will have a "hard time" trying to purchase the Brazilian, according to Bordeaux president Stéphane Martin.
It has been claimed Arsenal have agreed a €50million move for the Brazil under-23 international, who signed a four-year renewal in September and has scored seven goals in Ligue 1 this season.
The Gunners are believed to be keen to bolster their attacking options with Alexis Sánchez seemingly set to depart this month or when his contract expires at the end of the campaign.
Bordeaux chief: "We haven't had any discussions with Arsenal"
Martin says Bordeaux have not had any contact with Arsenal about Malcom and he does not anticipate an agreement being reached in the transfer window.
"Things are clear with his agents. He has not had his contract extended this summer just to give him away this winter," Martin told L'Equipe.
"We haven't had any discussions with Arsenal. From our point of view, it's all hot air. They can always try, but they will have a hard time taking him from us."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan