Brady cuts radio interview short over comments about daughter
Tom Brady ended a radio interview after just over two minutes following comments made about his daughter.
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady cut a radio interview short after expressing disappointment with comments made about his daughter by one of the station's presenters.
"Disappointed" Brady walks out after two minutes
Making a weekly appearance on WEEI's Kirk & Callahan Show on Monday, Brady, who will be looking to win his sixth Super Bowl title when the Patriots face the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, ended the interview after just over two minutes.
The interview was brought to a halt after Brady had spoken of his dismay at comments made by another WEEI host, Alex Reimer, on a different show, in response to the first episode of the documentary 'Tom vs Time'.
Reimer, who has since been indefinitely suspended by the station, called Brady's daughter "an annoying little pissant".
Brady hoping to be back playing soon
"I've tried to come on this show for many years and showed you guys a lot of respect," said Brady. "I've always tried and come on and do a good job for you guys.
"It's very disappointing when you hear [Reimer's comments], certainly. My daughter, or any child, certainly don't deserve that.
"I really don't have much to say this morning. Maybe I'll speak with you guys some other time."
Brady said at the weekend that he hoped to be fully fit to face the Eagles, having had stitches in his throwing hand following an injury sustained prior to the AFC Championship Game.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win