Lithuanian side sign Angolan player based on false Wikipedia data
The Wikipedia profile for Barkley Miguel-Panzo claimed he netted 45 goals in 36 games for QPR and that he represented Angola. All false data!
Wikipedia for many is an ideal "go-to" destination for a myriad of wide ranging information but it's not always 100% reliable with many false profiles or occasional incorrect data input.
This is something that second tier Lithuanian side FK Panevėžys discovered this week after announcing the acquisition of "Angolan international and star player" Barkley Miguel-Panzo. The club have invested in a forward they were led to believe had starred for Championship side Queens Park Rangers bagging an impressive 45 goals for The "R's" between 2010 and 2012. They also presumed that their new striker had played at international level with Angola.
What sounds like a promising signing on paper turned out to be false with the player's footballing CV including spells with non-league Woking in England and spells with French second tier US Orleans and more recently with former Swedish Superettan outfit Syrianska and then lower league Oskarshamns AIK.
After a tenth place finish last season in the Lithuanian 1st league FK Panevezys will be hoping that Miguel-Panzo canb emulate the false data of the Wikipedia profile that was instrumental in seeing his footballing journey bring him to fifth largest city in Lithuania.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds