Deportivo sack Cristóbal after Real Sociedad thrashing
Cristóbal Parralo's short tenure at Deportivo La Coruna has come to an abrupt end after a string of poor results.
Deportivo de La Coruña have sacked coach Cristóbal Parralo after less than four months in charge following Friday's 5-0 hammering by Real Sociedad.
Cristobal was promoted from the club's reserve team in October following the dismissal of Pepe Mel, but he has been unable to preside over an improvement in their fortunes.
Deportivo won just two of the 13 LaLiga games Cristóbal took charge of, but their three most recent fixtures had alarm bells ringing. A 7-1 demolition by Real Madrid was followed by a disappointing 2-2 draw at home to fellow strugglers Levante, who fought back from 2-0 down to rescue a point.
And Friday's 5-0 loss at Real Sociedad – who themselves had lost four in a row beforehand – proved the final straw, as former Spain international Cristóbal leaves Deportivo third from bottom.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots