Deportivo sack Cristóbal after Real Sociedad thrashing
Cristóbal Parralo's short tenure at Deportivo La Coruna has come to an abrupt end after a string of poor results.
Deportivo de La Coruña have sacked coach Cristóbal Parralo after less than four months in charge following Friday's 5-0 hammering by Real Sociedad.
Cristobal was promoted from the club's reserve team in October following the dismissal of Pepe Mel, but he has been unable to preside over an improvement in their fortunes.
Deportivo won just two of the 13 LaLiga games Cristóbal took charge of, but their three most recent fixtures had alarm bells ringing. A 7-1 demolition by Real Madrid was followed by a disappointing 2-2 draw at home to fellow strugglers Levante, who fought back from 2-0 down to rescue a point.
And Friday's 5-0 loss at Real Sociedad – who themselves had lost four in a row beforehand – proved the final straw, as former Spain international Cristóbal leaves Deportivo third from bottom.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash