Trump & Kim Jong-un impersonators thrown out of opening ceremony
There were two unwanted guests at the Pyeongchang 2018 opening ceremony as impersonators of Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un were escorted away.
"Fake news" was given a whole new meaning on Friday as impersonators of Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un were thrown out of the opening ceremony to Pyeongchang 2018.
This year's Winter Games are taking place amid an unavoidable political context, with host nation South Korea fostering the Olympic spirit by extending the invite to neighbours North Korea, a move applauded by the IOC.
The sister of controversial North Korean president Kim was pictured shaking hands with South Korea's president Moon Jae-in at the ceremony, while the two countries' athletes entered the stadium together, under a united flag.
But away from the spotlight, two unwanted guests were escorted away as men dressed as Kim and United States president Trump - two individuals unlikely to enjoy such close companionship in reality - were led from the premises.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22