I play for France's biggest club – Marseille star Payet fires barb at PSG
Dimitri Payet stoked the fire ahead of Marseille's trip to Paris, taking aim at the individuals of PSG.
Dimitri Payet insisted he does not envy Ligue 1 powerhouse Paris Saint-Germain as the Olympique Marseille attacker said he plays for France's "biggest club". Marseille – third in the standings – travel to Paris for Sunday's blockbuster Le Classique against Ligue 1 leaders PSG. PSG are set to welcome back star Neymar as the cashed-up capital club look to further strengthen their advantage atop the table in their pursuit of a fifth crown in six seasons.
Payet's PSG potshot
But Payet stoked the fire ahead of Marseille's trip, taking aim at the individuals of PSG. "I do not envy Paris. I play in France's biggest club," France international Payet said. "And I have a team. We saw it recently, it's always better to play as a team rather than to pile up individuals."
Marseille are third and 13 points behind PSG amid their eight-game unbeaten streak in Ligue 1. Payet has scored four goals and tallied seven assists for Rudi Garcia's men.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?