I play for France's biggest club – Marseille star Payet fires barb at PSG
Dimitri Payet stoked the fire ahead of Marseille's trip to Paris, taking aim at the individuals of PSG.
Dimitri Payet insisted he does not envy Ligue 1 powerhouse Paris Saint-Germain as the Olympique Marseille attacker said he plays for France's "biggest club". Marseille – third in the standings – travel to Paris for Sunday's blockbuster Le Classique against Ligue 1 leaders PSG. PSG are set to welcome back star Neymar as the cashed-up capital club look to further strengthen their advantage atop the table in their pursuit of a fifth crown in six seasons.
Payet's PSG potshot
But Payet stoked the fire ahead of Marseille's trip, taking aim at the individuals of PSG. "I do not envy Paris. I play in France's biggest club," France international Payet said. "And I have a team. We saw it recently, it's always better to play as a team rather than to pile up individuals."
Marseille are third and 13 points behind PSG amid their eight-game unbeaten streak in Ligue 1. Payet has scored four goals and tallied seven assists for Rudi Garcia's men.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands