More trouble for PSG: Marquinhos joins Neymar in treatment room
The Brazil defender finished the game against Marseille with a hamstring problem and could be out for a month, according to UOL Esporte.
PSG’s injury concerns are piling up ahead of the return leg against Real Madrid in the Champions League last 16 on March 6 as it has emerged that Marquinhos is extremely unlikely to be fit for the game in the Parc des Princes after picking up a hamstring problem during the match against Marseille on Sunday.
PSG hopeful on Neymar but Marquinhos doubtful for Madrid clash
Neymar also limped out of the 3-0 Classique victory with an ankle injury and although a fracture has been ruled out there is no guarantee that the Brazilian star will be fit to face Madrid next week. However, PSG are optimistic that further tests on Wednesday, after the inflammation has died down, will reveal nothing serious. However, Neymar remains a doubt for the game against Zinedine Zidane’s side, who hold a 3-1 advantage after the first leg in the Bernabéu.
The Ligue 1 side are considerably more concerned about Marquinhos, who is a key defender in Unai Emery’s side. Tests carried out on Monday suggest that the Brazil international could face up to a month out and is a serious doubt for the return leg in Paris.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22