Swansea's Montero secures sub-loan from Getafe to Emelec
Having struggled for minutes at Getafe, Swansea City's Jefferson Montero will spend the rest of the season with Emelec in Ecuador
Jefferson Montero has returned to his first club Emelec in a "sub-loan" from Swansea City via LaLiga side Getafe. The Ecuador international secured a temporary switch to Getafe at the start of the season having fallen out of favour at the Liberty Stadium.
No joy in LaLiga
But he has struggled even more in Spain, playing just four league games for the promoted side this term, with none of those appearances coming as a starter. He now returns to Emelec – the club he started at as a youngster – until the end of the season, though he remains registered to Getafe as well.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash