Swansea's Montero secures sub-loan from Getafe to Emelec
Having struggled for minutes at Getafe, Swansea City's Jefferson Montero will spend the rest of the season with Emelec in Ecuador
Jefferson Montero has returned to his first club Emelec in a "sub-loan" from Swansea City via LaLiga side Getafe. The Ecuador international secured a temporary switch to Getafe at the start of the season having fallen out of favour at the Liberty Stadium.
No joy in LaLiga
But he has struggled even more in Spain, playing just four league games for the promoted side this term, with none of those appearances coming as a starter. He now returns to Emelec – the club he started at as a youngster – until the end of the season, though he remains registered to Getafe as well.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In