Ronaldo equals record with another Champions League goal
Cristiano Ronaldo has joined Ruud van Nistelrooy as the only players to score in nine straight Champions League games.
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo became just the second player to score in nine consecutive Champions League games with his header against Paris Saint-Germain.
Ronaldo nodded in a cross from Lucas Vazquez in the 51st minute of the last-16 second leg at the Parc des Princes on Tuesday, helping Madrid to a 2-1 win and a 5-2 aggregate success.
The Portuguese star joined former Manchester United forward Ruud van Nistelrooy (2003) as the only players to score in nine straight Champions League games.
Ronaldo netted 14 times in his nine-game period, while Van Nistelrooy struck on 12 occasions.
9 - Cristiano Ronaldo is the second player in #UCL history to score in nine consecutive games (14 goals), after Ruud van Nistelrroy for Manchester United in 2003 (12). Monster. pic.twitter.com/oUiaZLqYHi— OptaJose (@OptaJose) 6 March 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?