Germany rout leaves Spain on brink of rugby World Cup
Spain trounced Germany 84-10 on Sunday to keep alive their dream of direct qualification to the 2019 rugby union World CupRyder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Spain trounced Germany 84-10 on Sunday to keep alive their dream of direct qualification to the 2019 rugby union World Cup.
Lions roar towards finals
The Spanish can clinch their ticket to Japan with success in their next outing, against Belgium next Saturday. The Spanish 'Lions', who made their World Cup debut in 1999 in Wales, are lying second in their qualifying group on 26 points.
Brussels key to success
Romania, on 29 points, top the table but have completed all their games, including a defeat to Spain last month, meaning success in Brussels would lift the Lions to the top of the table. With Spain'a King Felipe VI watching, the Spanish scored a dozen tries to Germany's one.
Recommended in English
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus
- CORONAVIRUS What is ‘stealth Omicron’ and where have the first cases appeared?
- US NEWS Who are the main candidates for the position in the Supreme Court?
- NFL Why is the AFC Trophy named after Lamar Hunt?
- NFL How are the Cincinnati Bengals preparing for the noise in Arrowhead Stadium?