Luis Advíncula, a 28-year-old full back plying his trade with Lobos BUAP in Mexico’s top flight, has broken the record for the fastest speed recorded on a football pitch, previously held by Gareth Bale, according to reports in his native Peru.
Advíncula, a Peru international, recorded a speed of 36.15 km/h during a Liga MX game against Chivas, beating Bale’s mark of 35.7 km/h.
During the game, which took place on week 11 of the Liga MX season, Advíncula covered 68.5 metres in 6.82 seconds as he chased Chivas player Alan Pulido from the opposition area back to his own to make a tackle.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped