Deulofeu calls Barcelona out over title-winning shirt snub
Gerard Deulofeu tweeted his annoyance at being left off the list of players on an official Barcelona shirt commemorating their LaLiga title.
Nobody wants to be the forgotten man in football, but Gerard Deulofeu was certainly feeling left out when Barcelona released a commemorative shirt following their LaLiga title triumph.
Barca secured the championship for the 25th time in their history with an entertaining 4-2 win at Deportivo La Coruña on Sunday.
Deulofeu featured more than Yerry Mina
Deulofeu had made 10 appearances for Barça this term before leaving on loan for Premier League club Watford in January in search of regular first-team football.
And the former Everton winger was seemingly in a dour mood at being omitted from the list of players included on a shirt celebrating their success.
Javier Mascherano and Arda Turan were also not included, but Rafinha, who left for Inter on loan in the last transfer window, and Yerry Mina, who has only made two league appearances for the club, made the cut.
A disappointed Deulofeu tweeted a picture of the shirt and of himself playing for Ernesto Valverde's side, along with the words, "It's mine too, no..?"
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up