EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL
Atlético earn €26.6 million for Europa League final victory
Atlético Madrid earned €6.5 million for their victory in the Europa League final and will make money from the market pool which is yet to be decided.
Atlético Madrid were not just playing for the title in Lyon on Wednesday night. They were also playing for quite a large chunk of change. They will receive €6.5 million for beating Marseille in the Europa League final in the 'market pool', which is the system for every country based on its value as a television market in the competition.
A loss would have meant Atlético lost €3 million and would have only receieved €3.5 million. What was sure was that they receieved €1.6 million for the semi-final, €1 million in the quarters. They will receive €10.3 million in total for their run in the Europa League. Add the €16.3 million from the group stages of the Champions League and then we must add the market pool after their five game in the Champions League, a win and four draws, which is yet to be decided.
Atletico earned more than €50 million in the 2013/14 season reaching the final of the Champions League. Two years ago, they returned to the Champions League final, where they reportedly earned €69,565,000.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2