Real Madrid refuse to allow Vinicius Jr. stay on at Flamengo until the end of 2018
The young Brazilain striker will be at the disposal of Julen Lopetegui for Real Madrid's preseason tour of the United States.
Flamengo have lost their final battle for Vinicius. The Brazilian club had hoped to hold on their young star until the end of 2018, but Real Madrid have not agreed to the proposed loan deal.
Vinicius Jr. will finally bid farewell to Flamengo supporters this Monday at a press conference at the club’s Ninho do Urubu stadium, before flying to the Spanish capital on July 12 in time for preseason training with Real Madrid.
Flamengo had fought hard, but hold on to some hope of his return
Flamengo had fought hard to keep the 17-year-old in in Rio de Janeiro for a couple more months, but Real Madrid had always made it clear that they intended to have him in Madrid before they start their preseason tour, which begins after the World Cup final on July 15.
Vinicius Jr. had left it to the two clubs to negotiate and did not publically speak about his preferences for his short-term future, although he has never hidden his love and commitment for Rio de Janeiro club.
The young striker will fly out to the United States with Real Madrid for their preseason tour. But Flamengo are holding on to some hope that he may return to the club if Julen Lopetegui cannot find a space for him in his squad this summer.
Recommended in English
- AFCON 2021 AFCON Saturday's quarter final preview
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Which games will Man City's Kyle Walker miss after ban?
- TAX SEASON 2022 Taxes 2022: can the refund per child be higher than last year?
- US NEWS How long will Biden take to appoint a new justice to the Supreme Court?
- NFL What is Matthew Stafford's net worth?
- NFL NFC vs AFC: who has won more Super Bowls?