Amrabat: "VAR is bulls**t"
Moroccan striker Nordin Amrabat was clearly aggrieved by VAR, which overturned the referee's decision on a disallowed goal for Spain in injury time.
A VAR decision denied Morocco a historic victory against Spain last night. And the Moroccan players were understandably aggrieved by the decision to grant a game-tying goal to Spain in injury time, which had originally been flagged for offside. The overturned decision by VAR on Iago Aspas’ goal meant the game finished 2-2.
The most aggrieved Moroccan player was striker Nordin Amrabat, who made his feelings on the decision very clear for the television cameras that follow the players around the pitch after the game. Looking straight into the camera that was positioned right in front of him as he walked off the pitch, the Leganes player made the same gesture that referees use to signal the use of VAR, before clearly saying, “VAR is bullshit”, in English.
Amrabat’s grievances could have been provoked by the fact that the VAR decision came just five days after Morocco’s game against Portugal, in which the omission of VAR in three plays went against the North African side, including the play that led to Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal, where the Moroccan player’s had claimed a foul by Pepe.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades