French journalist Baptiste Ripart reported that Real Madrid and PSG had reached an agreement for the transfer of Kylian Mbappé for 272 million euros. Within hours, the Spanish club issued an official statement denying the news.
Mbappé for Madrid
"Exclusive: Real Madrid has agreed a 272M € deal for Mbappé," Riparte wrote on his Twitter account, adding, "They will pay the transfer in 4 payments."
English 🇬🇧: Real Madrid has agreed a 272M € deal for Mbappé. They will pay the transfer in 4 payments.— Baptiste Ripart (@RipartBaptiste) 3 de julio de 2018
The impressive performances of Mbappé in the World Cup have been catching the eye but the French youngster has been on the radar of Los Blancos for some time. Potential FFP problems in the Paris and a possible Cristiano sale to Juventus had seemed to put Madrid back on track for the forward, one who was close to joining last summer. But the club have denied the statement.
Mbappé and Neymar: Madrid denial
Whether Baptiste Ripart has an inside track on the goings on with French players or not is yet to be seen, but there is a feeling that this 'new' Real Madrid could return to the Galactico market this transfer window. Following the official communication, some commentators have questioned why they would do this when so many rumours are circulated each week without denials, also referencing a similar one just two days before regarding Neymar.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes