Guti accepts post as Besiktas' assistant manager
After being linked with both Real Madrid and Leganés, the former Bernabéu midfielder will continue his coaching progress under Senol Günes.
Real Madrid youth team coach Guti has announced that he will be leaving the Bernabéu to become assistant coach as Besiktas.
The former Madrid and Spain midfielder moved to the Turkish giants as a player in 2010 and will now return to the Black Eagles to continue his development as a coach under first-team manager Senol Günes.
Guti had been linked with the managerial position at Leganés before Mauricio Pellegrino was installed as Asier Garitano’s replacement and he was briefly in the frame for the Real Madrid job after Zinedine Zidane’s departure.
Guti to step up as Besiktas coach in 2019-20
The 41-year-old spent several years coaching Madrid’s youth sides and won plaudits for his teams’ style of play and results, winning a league title, a Champions’ Cup and a Copa del Rey with the under-19s in 2017.
Reports in Turkey have suggested that Guti will serve as assistant to veteran schemer Günes this season before taking over as first-team coach for the 2019-20 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?