Guti accepts post as Besiktas' assistant manager
After being linked with both Real Madrid and Leganés, the former Bernabéu midfielder will continue his coaching progress under Senol Günes.
Real Madrid youth team coach Guti has announced that he will be leaving the Bernabéu to become assistant coach as Besiktas.
The former Madrid and Spain midfielder moved to the Turkish giants as a player in 2010 and will now return to the Black Eagles to continue his development as a coach under first-team manager Senol Günes.
Guti had been linked with the managerial position at Leganés before Mauricio Pellegrino was installed as Asier Garitano’s replacement and he was briefly in the frame for the Real Madrid job after Zinedine Zidane’s departure.
Guti to step up as Besiktas coach in 2019-20
The 41-year-old spent several years coaching Madrid’s youth sides and won plaudits for his teams’ style of play and results, winning a league title, a Champions’ Cup and a Copa del Rey with the under-19s in 2017.
Reports in Turkey have suggested that Guti will serve as assistant to veteran schemer Günes this season before taking over as first-team coach for the 2019-20 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth