Man City: club with most players in World Cup quarter finals
The current Premier League club top the ranking of club players in action at the quarter final of the current Russia 2018 World Cup with 11 players.
16 Manchester City players initially were involved in the opening stages of the 2018 Russia World Cup. As the tournament now enters the quarter final stage, an impressive 11 City players are still involved in the quest to lift the trophy on July 15 in Moscow.
184 players are still involved in the World Cup and they represent 86 different domestic clubs with the Premier League champions boasting 11 players still in action in the competing nations in the quarter final stage: Vincent Kompany, Kevin Debruyne (Belgium), Gabriel Jesús, Danilo, Fernandinho and Ederson (Brazil), Kyle Walker, John Stones, Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph (England) along with France's Benjamin Mendy.
Other City players to have made a World Cup exit are: Nicolás Otamendi and Sergio Agüero (Argentina), Iklay Gündogan (Germany), Bernardo Silva (Portugal) along with Spain's David Silva.
The Top 3 ranking of top 3 clubs with their players still in action in Russia are all English with Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United completing the podium.
Clubs with players involved in the WC2018 quarter finals
|Club||Number of players still involved in Russia 2018|
|Manchester City (England)||11|
|Manchester United (Eng.)||8|
|Atlético de Madrid (Spain)||6|
|Real Madrid (Spain)||5|
|CSKA Moscú (Russia)||5|
|AS Mónaco (France)||4|
|Inter Milán (Italy)||4|
Recommended in English
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is Roe v Wade in law? What happened in 1973?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?
- Ballon d' Or Casillas baffled by Ballon d'Or outcome
- PSG must find best tactical balance without injured Neymar – Pochettino
- BUNDESLIGA Why are Bayern Munich playing games behind closed doors?
- USMNT Gio Reyna returns to training with Borussia Dortmund