Mijatovic: "Cristiano and Florentino had a difficult relationship"
The ex-Real Madrid player and sporting director has spoken to the Portuguese press about Cristiano Ronaldo's departure from the Bernabeu.
Pedja Mijatovic has given his view on Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure from Real Madrid to Portuguese sports paper A Bola. The former Yugoslavian international, who played and worked as sporting director for the club, pointed to the “difficult relationship” between Ronaldo and president Florentino Perez as a motive behind his move to Juventus.
“I don’t think it was a decision that was taken lightly. It was certainly the end result of something that had been brewing for a while,” said Mijatovic. “Maybe the reason is the strange relationship between Cristiano and the president. I don’t know exactly what happened between them but, from the outside, it seems, without a doubt, that there were serious problems and that they had a difficult relationship.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?