Agüero passes 200-goal mark for City in Chelsea victory
The striker scored twice as Pep Guradiola's side won the Community Shield with a 2-0 victory over Chelsea, becoming the first City player to reach the landmark.
Manchester City's all-time leading scorer Sergio Agüero reached 200 goals for the Premier League champions by converting against Chelsea in the Community Shield.
Agüero opened the scoring after 13 minutes at Wembley with a fine low finish into the bottom-right corner from 18 yards after a probing run from Phil Foden created the opportunity.
The Argentina international added another in the second half as Pep Guardiola's side lifted the first title of the season with a 2-0 victory over Maurizio Sarri's Chelsea to take his tally for City to 201.
The striker passed Eric Brook's long-standing club record of 177 last season when he scored in November's 4-2 Champions League win at Napoli – another team coached by Maurizio Sarri.
He has had to wait to add to his 199th for the club, which came in the EFL Cup final win against Arsenal on February 25, with a troublesome knee injury limiting his playing time towards the end of 2017-18.
But after the disappointment of Argentina's lacklustre World Cup campaign in Russia, he kicked the new campaign off with a bang at Wembley on Sunday by finally hitting his milestone.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong