Atleti new boy Kalinic inherits Fernando Torres' old No.9 shirt
Atlético Madrid's Croatia international wore the number 9 shirt at all of his previous clubs: Hajduk Split, Blackburn Rovers, Dnipro and Fiorentina.
Atlético Madrid have assigned the No.9 shirt to new arrival Nikola Kalinic. The Croatian inherits the squad number which Fernando Torres left free after his move to Japan's Sagan Tosu last month.
Atlético confirmed today that Kalinic would wear the No.9 shirt in his debut season with the club. The Croatia international wore the number 9 shirt at all of his previous clubs: Hajduk Split, Blackburn Rovers, Dnipro and Fiorentina.
Kalinic "really happy" to be on board at Atlético
Kalinic said he couldn't be happier to be on board with Simeone's team and hopes to help deliver the first piece of silverware in the UEFA Super Cup in five days' time. "Of course I'm delighted to have joined Atlético, because it's a great club; every year they play the Champions League and are always battling to end among the top teams in Spain", Kalinic told Atlético's official web site. "My first training session went well. I've met my new team mates and I'm happy to abnle to work alongside top players.
Kalinic could make his Atleti debut in Tallinn against Real Madrid. "We'll be going out to try and win the trophy. I hope the team does everything it can to win", he concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente